The former Pioneer Shire Council Chambers on Wood Street, Mackay is a beautiful Art Deco building designed by Architect, Harold Brown. Originally built in 1935, it has been lovingly restored by the current Mackay Regional Council. It was officially re-opened on the 2nd August 2015. These are some 'before' photos including some pictures of our Wedding in November 2013 before the adjacent 1970s additions were removed in the restoration process. Wedding photos were taken by Candice Van Moolenbroek Photography. Lauren Taylor Design assisted the heritage Architect, Conrad Gargett and Mackay Regional Council with the design of the new kitchen (requested by the new tenant). Inspiration was taken from the design on the original doors throughout the building.